Prepare for 2024 TSCA Chemical Data Reporting
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently announced that the 2024 submission period for the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) rule is from June 1, 2024 to September 30, 2024.
The Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) rule, under section 8(a) of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), imposes reporting requirements on manufacturers and importers of chemicals listed on the TSCA Inventory. Every 4 years, information regarding the manufacturing, processing, and use of such substances must be reported.
Under the CDR Rule, manufacturers (importers) are specifically obligated to report if:
- They have a chemical on the TSCA Inventory as of June 1, 2024
- The chemical(s) are above any applicable regulatory threshold, and
- There is no specific exemption from the requirement to report
For the 2024 submission period, manufacturers and importers are subject to the reporting requirements based on activities conducted during the calendar years 2020 through 2023.
EPA expects that updated guidance documents on submitting information to the CDR database will be available in the fall of 2023.
How can TSG Consulting help?
TSG Consulting can help with all aspects of chemical compliance under TSCA including:
- Providing guidance on CDR reporting requirements
- Preparing reporting forms and assisting with submissions
- Assisting with the protection of Confidential Business Information (CBI)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to TSG at [email protected].